Friday, March 1, 2013

Exile in Layoff Land

Exiled from a life
I spent my whole life building
leaves me in the dark

What is expected
After you've been rejected
with no other plans?


When I was let go
I started in shock, denial
then... anxiety

Then worse rejection
losing opportunities
to lower-paid kids

When you work and live
and raise children and vote there
and know half the town

Constant reminders
Of a bastardized lifestyle
Everywhere I go

My friends all have jobs
where I worked/lived for so long
now I don't see them

How could I see them?
A walk through the market sucks,
I duck behind aisles!

But I love my kids
and they really love this town
So I choke it back

I need the fuck out
out of this shame and anger
I'll stay in this town.

But not in this place
I'm done with their witch-hunt
I LIVE here. So deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment