Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Complete A-Z Challenge


"A" is Amanda
I am stronger than you'd think
Inside-out, I love


 
"B" the angry bitch
has an Asshole ex-husband
who hurts children (yep).


 
"C" is “head” -his name
"You'll never see them again!"
His language speaks pain


 
"D" is to be damned
by someone who promises death
kidnapping my kids


"E" is everyone
whose international spouse
stole children; taught fear


 
"F" is forgiveness
should I give it to myself?
Yes. But to let go...


 
"G," it says, "I wonder."
Do I want reality?
Or do I prefer...

H” my heart beats strong
and with such amazing love
it chokes in my throat


 
"I" is for myself
who won't be treated like dirt
my children shall know


 
"J" the jugular-
Young girls who thirst for blood-lust.
What a sad culture.


 
"K" is my surname
it was lost for ten years once
now I'm me again


 
"L" is for ending
right shoulder/ torn ligaments
I won't climb again


 
"M" is so cliché-
a McGuffin Hitchcock film;
dial it for murder.


"N" is for Russia;
read, Lolita in Tehran"
My vodka ice clinks.


 
"O" is a phantom
my children leave tomorrow
my heart dies each time


 
"P" is religion
Phenomenology's ghost
Philosophy's host


 
"Q" is the blade
silent, easy, bloody out
I wish she’d resist


 
"R" is my daughter
I miss naming her freckles
when she is away


 
"S" is for my son
My Boynton, "Snuggle Puppy"
sad, confused, and angry


 
"T" nearly completes
the guillotined crucifix
hanging by a thread


 
"U" is below me;
a Germanic term
for what’s not surfaced


 
"V" is an hour glass
my body crushed by snow
drowned in the Ukraine


 
"W" is for winner
Tell me now, is that a joke?
No... I'm just a fool.


 
"X" is censorship,
sewing your lips together.
Tear those stitchings off!


 
"Y" can be a vowel
but usually is a question
it measures three sounds


 
Z" is 'round midnight
it took a lot to get here;
FINALLY I'm tiredzzzzzzz

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'll have to try this some time. Some of these are heartbreakingly beautiful. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote them throughout April and later pulled them together alphabetically. Thank you for seing them as beautiful. There's a lot buried in them, and they need to be out.

    ReplyDelete